Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Starting this blog out right: The dreaded first post.

THE FIRST POST!!!! Is always a scary thing, at least for me it is. I made my first blog last summer with all the hope in the world but when it came time to make that first post I was hesitant. I had self-conscious questions: "Would people like them?", "Will they best represent what I want to share?", "Do I really want to do this?"
Six months ago I wrote my Haiti blog to share my experiences and it was fun. I received positive feed back and nothing negative, it was a success. But I was still hesitant because my writing wasn't as strong as I would have liked it be, so I held off on writing until I was confident enough.
So I started taking more pictures. People in my life were gracious enough to allow me to photograph a wedding, a practice modeling gig, graduation announcement and I also ventured out to the streets of Sacramento.
With hours behind the camera and over a 1,000 pulls of the trigger, the desire to share them took root. I hope you enjoy the photos I have to share and if you don't I have come not to care anymore, for all positive reasons though. I have become comfortable with negative criticism as long as it is constructive.


"A Party on Broadway"- This is a 30-second exposure on Broadway by the UC Davis medical center. I was curious about what this fire hydrant saw on a nightly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment